Welcome to Ancient worldz

Ancient worldz is a blog were I compare the worlds that ancient and medievil peoples inhabited and thrived in to the modern world. I also try to illustrate the stories with my drawings and painted miniatures.
comments are much appreciated, and thank you for stopping by.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Greek City States



















All Democracies and republics will become oligarchies, and all oligarchies will become tyrannies over time. :(

The people do not have the political will to stay in power for very long and will turn to an oligarchy for the mundane role of running a nation-state. Over time the oligarchy will decrease in size, and become corrupt. Then the nation will turn to a single ruler to end the corruption, and restore order.
COULD THIS HAPPEN TODAY?
i think so

( all miniatures are 28mm foundry greek miniatures)

3 comments:

Pete Jones said...

Nice paint job, keep up the blog!

AKI said...

Hi, Nice figure work, but I'd tidy up the bases a bit, a nice smooth finish will meake them look better. Your Republican Romans look nice and gritty to me. Keep up the good work!

Chris Harrison said...

Excellent paint job! Makes me want to get on and paint my Zvezda Greeks!